It applies to all organisations (of any type or size) that, after making a previous diagnosis of their R&D&I situation, seek:
- Establish the bases to start in R&D&I activities.
- Define, implement, keep up to date and improve an R&D&I management system following its policy.
- Demonstrate to third parties that they comply with this standard’s requirements and/or certify the R&D&I management system.
Companies with R+D+i Management Systems
- They promote technological development and research in the organisation.
- They have guidelines to organise and manage R&D&i activities effectively and efficiently.
- They generate and ensure the maintenance of their technologies and patents. Companies can obtein additional benefits for technology transfer or tax relief.
- They differentiate themselves from the competition by enhancing their corporate reputation.
- They plan, organise, and control their R&D&I projects to save resources and achieve employees’ motivation and involvement.
- They can integrate their R&D&I systems with other company management systems.